Houston, TX 77092 US
A well-established provider of complex engineering solutions is looking for a Valve Technician to conduct repairs and pressure testing on the various valve and actuator types. The ideal candidate is a self-starter knowledgeable of valve repairs & troubleshooting processes. Reporting directly to the Client Maintenance and Production teams, the new team member will drive operational excellence and efficiency by ensuring the highest quality products in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards, and work instructions.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: NW Houston, TX
Type of Position: Temp-to-Hire
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards, and work instructions.
- Responsible for the overhaul, testing, and recertification of various isolation valve types.
- Responsible for the overhaul, testing, and recertification of control valves, actuators, and ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for the overhaul, testing, and recertification of all actuator types (pneumatic, hydraulic & electric).
- Conduct troubleshooting and problem solving of all valve and actuator issues.
- Provide core competence in use of valve flushing and sealant injection services.
- Provide core competence in use of all torquing and tensioning equipment.
- Execute risk assessments and hazard assessments on all related work scopes.
- Conduct site/offshore surveys and produce detailed reports of the equipment detailed above in accordance with the client and/or the company’s requirements.
- Communicate and report directly to client maintenance and production teams when onsite.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- High School Diploma
- Valve repair experience
- Offshore and/or site experience preferred
- TWIC Card
- Offshore BOSIET preferred
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have the right to work in the USA
- Required to take drug and alcohol screening
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.