Technical Sales Manager
5910 N Central Expy Suite 1800 Houston, TX
A fast-growing specialty chemical company is looking for an experienced Technical Sales Manager to manage sales and technical support of its products. The ideal candidate is a collaborative self-starter with excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills. Reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, the new manager will drive revenue growth by developing effective sales & marketing strategies while meeting the company’s brand awareness expectations.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $80,000 - $110,000 + Bonus/Commission
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX - Remote
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Responsible for assisting the Chief Commercial Officer in sales management of product lines.
- Identify and interact customers and follow the life cycle through the sales process.
- Currently produce three different fuel types of products at its plant operations. As part of the anticipated short-term business plan, the company will be transitioning to the development, marketing, and sales of 8 different chemical products that leverage the chemistry of the GTL products produced at the plant. These products include paint solvents, mineral oils, petrolatum, and medium/hard waxes.
- Call on customers across multiple industries for the sales of new product lines, analyze market feedback, and make recommended business strategy adjustments.
- Execute sales and business development.
- Develop successful marketing strategies.
- Understand and communicate the benefits of products to customers and understand feedback about the applications being pursued.
- Responsible for customer account management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or another science field that allows for translates to an in-depth firm understanding of chemistry
- 10+ years of experience in a product or account management role in the chemical/specialty products field may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10+ years of relevant marketing and business development experience required
- Experience with production or sales of paraffinic specialty products is a plus
- Experience with food grade and pharmaceutical grade hydrocarbon products
- Experience working with fuels and chemicals distributers and toll distillation processors is a plus
- A valid drivers’ license
- Occasionally spending time in industrial facilities
- Travel: up to 80% (including overnight and air travel)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.