2204 Louisiana St # 200 Houston, TX 77002
A well-established tax & accounting advisory firm is looking for a Tax Manager to ensure that clients’ state and federal tax documents are prepared and filed in a timely manner. The ideal candidate is a professional who knows tax accounting and tax compliance processes. Interacting with clients, the new manager will maximize engagement by delivering quality tax services while maintaining adherence to tax laws & regulations.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus & Profit Sharing
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- 80% employer contribution to medical dental and vision
Location: Houston, TX / Remote
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Accurately prepare and file federal and state tax returns in a timely manner.
- Develop tax strategies to assist clients in being tax-compliant.
- Identify tax problems and developing solutions.
- Complete responses and schedules in preparation for income tax audits.
- Monitor developments in tax legislation.
- Review tax returns.
- Inform management and staff of developments in tax legislation.
- Supervise members of the tax team to ensure that tax returns are completed correctly.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients.
- 5+ years of tax experience
- Proven experience as a tax manager, public accountant or similar role
- 5+ years of experience with CCH ProSystem Suite and Axcess is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, taxation, finance, business, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- The ability to work with different taxation software
- Extensive knowledge of tax legislation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Sound problem-solving skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.