An innovative aerospace company is searching for an Systems Engineer to be part of a new team bringing a new technology space concept to surface. Independent thinkers who are passionate about space and thrive when tasked with diverse responsibilities will appreciate the deadline-driven work environment that promotes ingenuity and idea sharing. Reporting to the Director of Advanced Technologies, the new Systems Engineer will collaborate across engineering teams to support a variety of industry-leading commercial space exploration and research initiatives.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Standard Health Benefits – company provides monthly stipend to help with costs.
- 401(k) match up to 4% - eligible after 90 days.
- 12 PTO Days
- Work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to represent the avionics system in defining scope, system requirements, and vehicle level operations software
- Own full systems and avionics sub-system operational knowledge, FDIR, and alerts as well as being responsible for mission success
- Create, maintain, and communicate detailed schedules ensuring that all assigned personnel are aware of theirs tasks and deadlines while identifying required resources and securing allocation to meet need
- Define and perform checkouts to integrate hardware and software on a flight vehicle
- Define and perform checkouts to verify and validate operations software on a flight vehicle including FDIR and alerts as well as nominal operations and automation
- Specify and drive creation of representative flight hardware test tables or system simulators to support software development and system verification and validation
- Troubleshoot issues on prototype and production assemblies on an aggressive schedule
- Support integration and test at customer facility and launch site to ensure mission success
- Support on orbit operations through the life of the satellites
- Continuous improvement on automation and satellite ops
- Improvement and creation of tool chains to aid in the review and authoring of operations software
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline – Masters preferred
- Prior experience with real time operations
- Prior experience authoring and reviewing software
- 10 years of industry experience
- Avionics experience preferred
• Experience with Python
• Experience with real time operations on space qualified vehicles or other highly complex systems
• Experience with on-orbit operations
• Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.)
• Some travel may be required ~20%
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.