Software Verification Engineer
38695 W. Seven Mile Road Suite 110 Livonia, MI 48152
A fast-growing geospatial measurement & software company is looking for a high-performing Software Verification Engineer to join its dynamic software team. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing, developing, and executing software test cases. This exciting opportunity requires a creative problem-solver with in-depth knowledge of testing methodology and excellent analytical skills. Reporting directly to the Director, the new team member will adhere to quality standards and verification best practices to ensure the software’s reliable functionality.
Location: Livonia, MI
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Responsible for understanding requirements, writing/updating test cases, executing test cases, opening quality defects, and triage support within the defined release timeline.
- Head ownership and implement verification plan plus verification methodology.
- Identify gaps, suggest solutions, and lead enhancement to software verification procedures, processes, and practices.
- Document regression, stability, stress, and corner test cases based on software requirements for completeness and traceability to requirements.
- Automate software verification test plans and test cases using scripts.
- Ensure to archive all test methods and data in suitable configuration management system.
- Prepare verification plus acceptance criteria and evaluate test results to assure software attains requirements and parameters.
- Execute new feature, regression, stability, stress, and corner test cases as defined by the release test plan.
- Review test data with all team members.
- Report software verification test results and summary reports for entire tests performed in structured way plus suggest on deliverables quality internal or external.
- Report about product quality to project management as required.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of software verification records.
- Ensure documents plus practices attain quality standards, company guidelines & policies, and applicable regulatory conformance.
- Work with Agile methodology and participate in daily stand-up meetings.
- 5-10 years of experience software verification / validation of automotive software products into production
- Strong background with testing tools (system and unit testing)
- Proven experience with test case authoring and knowledge of testing automation / experience in test-case automation
- Experience with configuration management & ALM systems such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, and Polarian
- Experience with GIS, CAD and remote sensing software packages, as well as knowledge of GPS analysis software
- Experience with LiDAR technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical field
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Work Environment
- Work in a fast-paced office environment with multiple priorities and competing demands; potential setbacks in project completion due to internal or external issues, resourcing, and re-allocation
- Regular office hours with some requirements for additional work during busy times
- May work for long periods reviewing data on computer
- Occasional travel
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.