Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
14510 Wagg Way Road Houston, TX 77041 US
A global manufacturing company in the plate heat exchanger industry is looking for a Shipping & Receiving Coordinator to be responsible for the receipt and shipment of incoming materials, supplies, products, and proper warehousing of goods in the factory. The ideal candidate is highly organized and knows logistics processes & metrics. Under direct supervision, the new team member will drive business efficiency by optimizing productivity & safety while ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies and work instructions.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $19.50-$20.50 /hour
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Ensure items are ready for shipment according to specifications and transportation method.
- Contact shipping agencies, transport companies, and customers to obtain delivery prices and schedules transportation requirements.
- Compute duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported/imported to/from foreign destinations.
- Complete shipment of hazardous goods shipments in accordance with local and/or federal requirements and maintain documentations according to company retention periods.
- Receive goods; verify items against the record of receipt; resolve discrepancies.
- Conduct cycle counts in accordance to ABC counting rules and updates in system as needed.
- Complete material movements, issues materials, complete scrap transactions.
- Conduct timely delivery of point of use material replenishment or material kitting for production.
- Actively participate in physical inventory planning, coordination, and execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) policies and work instructions.
- Assist, plan, and organize shipping, receiving, and inventory locations.
- Ensure all products are shipped & received on time, within budget, and to standard.
- Comply with proper handling, storage, and shipping requirements for Hazardous materials.
- Ensure material movements are completed accurately and timely.
- Obtain and maintain Hazarous Shipping Certification and Forklift License.
- Assist with the lean enterprise system in the shipping, receiving, and inventory processes.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; Associate degree preferred
- 1 to 4 years of experience in a shipping/receiving role
- LEAN experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with MRP and other ERP applications
- Knowledge of trucking company logistics
- Effectively communicate, verbal and written, with internal and external business partners, English preferred (bilingual is a plus)
- Maintain compliance with organizational Core Values and Leadership Competencies
- Comply with all Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory work instructions & procedures and follow all company SOPs
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Must have working knowledge of computers
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.