Houston, TX 77001 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- As with all Service Technician positions, the job requirements encompass all aspects of servicing customer's equipment, not just welding. Technician will be trained and expected to complete general mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repairs as well as general labor duties to ensure the customer's equipment is completed in the most timely and efficient manner.
- Perform all tasks required to complete equipment rebuilds, equipment refurbishes, installations, and emergency service. Main tasks include welding & fabricating, but also include grinding, equipment prepping and finishing, mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repairs, general labor, etc.
- Responsible for installations, repairs, maintenance, and support of equipment in the recycling and manufacturing industries nationwide, which requires travel 85%+ of the time, sometimes being away for 2+ weeks.
- Maintain shop, equipment, tools, vehicle, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items and ensuring safety.
- Fabricate various items to repair or construct new parts for existing equipment.
- Coordinate with administration for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Transport various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Experience in servicing and repairing recycling equipment is a plus, as is experience with hydraulic and electrical repairs.
- Any combination equivalent to High School diploma or equivalent and preferred three years of responsible welding experience; Will consider formalized training in lieu of work experience; Welding test required
- Welding skills are required to perform technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics in order to meet changing job conditions
- Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include setting up and operating equipment used in welding and metal fabrication, including stick & mig welding equipment, band saws, grinders, break, shear, drill press, chop saw, etc.; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and adhering to safety practices
- Basic hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting, wiring, and print reading knowledge
- Able to use analytical skills to troubleshoot equipment problems
- Experience with mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems
- Able to lift 75 lbs.; climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and perform in a 75% outdoors/25% indoors work environment
- Results driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without onsite supervision
- Good communication skills and ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and paperwork
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed; Able to travel nationwide
- Willing to commute daily to our Waco, Texas, office when not traveling
- Legally allowed to work in USA, E-verified
- Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods
- Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment
- In working with others, problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans
- Problem solving with equipment is moderate to significant
- Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; and working with constant interruptions
- Working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; coordinating others; and tracking budget expenditures
- Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.