Senior Tax Accountant
2204 Louisiana St # 200 Houston, TX 77002
A well-established tax & accounting advisory firm is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join their collaborative team and prepare & file complex tax returns. The ideal candidate is an accounting expert with in-depth knowledge of bookkeeping processes and local tax laws & regulations. Working closely with the accounting team, the new leader will ensure the accuracy and general efficiency of the tax accounting department through effective management & collaboration.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus & Profit Sharing
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- 80% employer contribution to medical dental and vision
Location: Houston, TX / Remote
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Prepare and file complex tax returns on behalf of clients.
- Compile supporting financial statements and documents.
- Review returns prepared by junior accountants.
- Assist with federal and state tax audits.
- Respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies.
- Perform tax research, staying up to date on changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Master’s degree is a plus
- CPA license strongly preferred
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in public accounting
- Experience with CCH ProSystem Suite is a considerable plus as well as other accounting/bookkeeping software, including QuickBooks
- Attention to detail
- A well-rounded individual who likes to have fun in between all the hard work and does not mind the amount of stress food we eat during busy season
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.