Senior R&D Design Engineer
14510 Wagg Way Road Houston, TX 77041 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $88,000-$125,000 + 10% bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible to develop, evaluate, and verify designs to meet product requirement and cost targets.
- Initiate production of prototypes, samples, and lab tests.
- Lead the relation with external suppliers.
- Development of new products and services from product concept to launch to match customer needs.
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, manufacturable, and reliable.
- Maintain existing portfolio.
- Design changes, support to supply and purchasing activities.
- Provide technical support and claim support.
- Responsible for product & component design ownership.
- Welding manufacture, metal joining, and subsequent processing.
- Responsible for devising research methods, setting-up laboratory test equipment, building models and prototypes, calculating and analyzing test results, and preparing detailed reports with recommendations and conclusions.
- May Prepare technical documentation and specifications for new products and processes and train operations on new processes. Also, maintain technical data on existing products and processes.
- Some travel will be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline (experience in design may substitute for education); M.S. in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in R&D or any Product Design Engineering role preferred
- Must have 5+ years of advanced 3D modeling experience with NX, CATIA, Inventor, or SolidWorks, as a minimum
- Must have 5+ years of experience with 2D drawings, GD&T
- Must have experience with manufacturing principles related to sheet metal forming and press tool design (Moulds) and qualification process
- Knowledge of engineering standards in drawing practice, dimensioning and metrology tolerances, drawing symbols, welding practice, etc.
- Experience with FEA or forming analysis is desired
- Experience with stamping tool design, compression, or injection mold design or other manufacturing processes are desired
- Experience with fluid system design or heat transfer is a plus
- Knowledge of Materials Engineering or Welding Engineering is a plus
- Hydraulic press simulation experience is a plus
- ERP software for tracking bill of material, pricing and new part documentation
- Working knowledge of heat exchanger
- Derive new ideas for improvement production performance
- Must have active learning and knowledge sharing mindset with team members
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs. occasionally as required
- Comply with R&D and Company SOPs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and interpersonal relationship skills
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.