Senior Project Engineer
Position: Senior Project Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
- BS in Civil Engineering from accredited engineering university (advanced degree in geotechnical engineering preferred).
- 4 to 6 years of geotechnical engineering experience. Marine experienced preferred.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty.
- Well-developed writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and technical software applications.
- Good engineering judgement.
- A general knowledge of sales, pricing, and negotiating.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Travelling (domestic, international and offshore) may be required (about 15%).
- Responsible for team of four to six engineers and engineering assistants on a project basis.
- Perform independently on projects of standard to moderate complexity and scope.
- Plan and conduct standard assignments requiring independent judgment in the selection of techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Act as a project professional on larger, more complex projects.
- Coordinate standard to complex field and laboratory operations and programs, solving most problems that arise and, if necessary, performing technical or special testing that may be requested or required to meet project needs.
- Required to perform routine and special field and laboratory testing, and data preparation, as required on a project basis.
- Supervise and review more junior engineer’s field and laboratory instructions, design parameters, methods of analysis, and calculations.
- Independently evaluates and develops foundation soil parameters.
- Independently evaluates, selects, performs and checks standard engineering analyses.
- Monitors project budgets, schedules and performance against KPIs.
- Assist in preparation of invoices for projects he/she is performing and supervising.
- Assist in training and provide technical workshops.
- Prepares engineering and advanced laboratory testing proposals and establish project pricing with management support.
- Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.