Senior Professional Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer - Municipal
Senior Professional Engineer / Senior Civil Engineer – Municipal
Position Type: Direct Hire
Position Location: Houston, TX
Position Salary: Open to Market (Depending on Experience) + Bonus
- Lead the Municipal Team in the Houston office.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow the Municipal Team, diversify the municipal client list, and become a part of leadership in the Houston office.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced municipal engineer to become an autonomous leader.
- Create a Business Development Plan, pursue relationships with new clients, and direct the planning, design and construction phase services of multi-disciplinary municipal projects throughout the Houston Metropolitan area.
- Work with the Branch Office Manager in the creation of a business development plan for the area of service
- Identify new business opportunities for the firm
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and Project Manager in the preparation of proposals
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with clients and provide day-to-day guidance to PMs
- Ensure that all contracts are negotiated to provide maximum profitability. Approve all schedules and contract budgets for such contracts
- Build staff capabilities through programs which improve individual technical skills and develop improved management and communication techniques
- Build and improve external corporate image by active participation in appropriate organizations and maintain significant contacts with current and potential clients
- Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university; Masters preferred
- 10+ years' experience in municipal civil engineering (water/wastewater systems, hydrology & hydraulics, and/or streets & drainage systems)
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas for at least 4 years
- 4+ years’ experience in business development and client management in the Houston and surrounding areas
- Demonstrated ability to win new projects in the Houston or surrounding areas related to municipal expertise
- Effective communication skills and strong attention to detail area
- Possess a strong understanding and knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k + Matching
- Advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for ownership in the company
- Employer sponsored continuing education
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application