8615 Jackrabbit Rd. Suite A Houston, TX 77095
One of the largest manufacturers in the industrial products industry is looking for a high-performing Sales Director, Upstream who will focus on high potential customers in the Upstream segment to drive revenue growth. The ideal candidate is a client-focused problem-solver with knowledge in business development and strategic leadership. Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Upstream will achieve sales targets and expand the company’s customer base through successful development and execution of growth sales strategic plans.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX (Remote)
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Develop strategic relationships within the assigned market segment and accounts to increase market penetration of products to meet annual sales goals.
- Generate business with new customers within the assigned market segment.
- Identify, develop, and close multi-unit deals with new and existing customers.
- Manage strategic accounts as needed.
- Identify customer needs and demonstrate the value of products.
- Gather market intelligence and monitor trends and communicate this information within the company.
- Work with customers to collect the technical inputs necessary for quotations, performance simulations, application engineering, and manufacturing.
- Make bookings and sales forecasting for assigned accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum 3 years relevant sales and commercial experience, preferably working with gas compression in the Oil & Gas industry
- Proven track record for prospecting, developing, and managing sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business is desired
- Ability to sell at the corporate, regional, and field levels
- Progressive responsibility with sales and planning activities
- Strong consultative, value sales skills with all levels of the customer organization
- Established end-user contacts operating gas compression in the midstream segments and the ability to prospect
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, be well organized and accurate, and have the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word; have strong computer skills
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with peers, leadership, and customers
- Ability to travel 50-75% throughout the US (minimal travel during the COVID pandemic); On occasion, travel to customer’s field offices or equipment locations will be needed.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.