In search of a Safety Manager for a well-known and growing oil and gas business. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Location: SW Houston
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Pay: $70K - $95K + Bonus
• Provide technical safety and health support to operating personnel.
• Develop corporate safety and health programs and objectives and coordinate safety training programs.
• Monitor safety and health regulations and provide technical support to plant and corporate personnel to ensure compliance with Federal and State safety and health regulations.
• Implement appropriate processes for safe use of all equipment throughout the facilities and will also head the Safety Committee.
• Create and implement the appropriate loss prevention programs.
• Manage all OSHA logging and related OSHA activities.
• Create and report a SAFETY Management DASHBOARD and appropriate metrics.
• Manage the monthly safety committee meetings – agenda, priorities, and agenda.
• Perform physical evaluations of the company facilities on a regular basis to evaluate safety, training and related compliance tasks and priorities and the necessary action plans.
• Ability to effectively deal with other people, especially other company personnel, to enlist needed cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements.
• Ability to deal with regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel is also required.
• Compensation Metrics
• Eligibility to participate in the company’s discretionary bonus based on your job performance and the financial performance of the company.
• Eligibility to participate in the company’s 401k pension plan after 90 days of employment along with company-paid holidays.
• Eligibility to participate in the company’s health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-and long-term disability benefits after 60 days of employment.
• Salary commensurate to related professional experience.
• Performance Development Plan and salary review following twelve (12) months of employment.
• Paid time off (vacation), two weeks after twelve (12) months of employment.
• Bachelor of Science preferred
• Spanish language proficiency preferred
• 5-7 years of experience in light manufacturing and/or distribution safety. Safety issues related to truck fleet is NOT required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.