Quality Assurance Manager
14510 Wagg Way Rd Houston, TX 77041
A global leader in the manufacturing industry is looking for a reliable Quality Assurance Manager to help maintain and enhance ISO 9001 quality standards and execute compliance at every stage of the manufacturing process. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has extensive knowledge of quality assurance, welding, and sound production methods, such as LEAN manufacturing. Working across departments, the QA Manager will ensure the manufacturer’s operations and services drive long-term business success.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $108,000-$127,000 + 10% Bonus
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Maintain and enhance quality assurance/quality control strategies and regulation requirements per ISO 9001 and ASME.
- Assess potential risks, ensure compliance, and give recommendations.
- Take responsibility for all quality control aspects of the process (laboratories studies, clinical research, testing, operations, raw materials, production, finished product, or services).
- Develop Quality Plans, Quality SOP’s, FMEA, SPC, VSM, Kaizen Events, etc., programs/procedures/methods to improve the quality and continuous improvement of the organization’s products and services.
- Analyze existing production (welding) processes and develop recommendations for changes to working methods or operation sequences that will minimize risks, costs, and wastage; increase yields and productivity; improve the quality and consistency of final products.
- Analyze, establish, and develop efficient welding production processes, work instructions, and welding procedures in compliance with ASME Section VIII Pressure Vessel Code such as: PQR, WPS, WPQ, and WOPQ.
- Maintain all welding registers and ensure compliance to Quality Management System and ASME Section VIII Pressure Vessel Code regulations.
- Implement and support lean metric visual indicators to support line efficiencies.
- Conduct internal quality audits and lean manufacturing assessments and develop improvement plans from audits/assessments and tactics. Facilitate external audits and regulatory inspections.
- Collaborate with departments such as operations, scheduling, supply chain, product engineering, sales, customer service, R&D, etc., to manage and maintain conformance to all applicable standards such as ISO, ASME, and Government Programs.
- Liaise with Supply Chain to work with external vendors, contractors, or suppliers to ensure that their products or services meet the organization's quality standards.
- Coordinate and conduct quality, lean, and welding trainings.
- Manage internal & external corrective and preventive action programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must meet U.S. citizenship requirements. This position requires the employee to hold U.S. citizenship or U.S. national status, given the job’s involvement with sensitive and/or classified U.S. military information, consistent with federal regulation and government contract requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance, LEAN Manufacturing, or related discipline in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Welding
- Experience with ASME Section VIII Pressure Vessel, nozzle loads, and seismic stresses
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems, LEAN Manufacturing, and NDT (non-destructive testing) inspection procedures
- Working knowledge of developing welding qualification procedures per ASME and military standards requirements
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) a plus.
- Project Management experience
- Six Sigma experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field required.
- Exhibit and maintain compliance with organizational Core Values
- Exhibit and develop organizational Leadership Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external business partners including employee relations skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to produce work quickly, accurately, and independently
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment to accomplish company objectives with either direct or indirect authority
- Able to lead teams of employees on overall projects or individual tasks
- Ability to think analytically and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent prioritization, planning, organization, time management, and multitasking skills
- Must be computer literate
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.