Purchasing Department Assistant
5301 Hollister St Houston, TX 77040
Successful industrial distribution company is currently seeking a Purchasing Department Assistant to join the team. This is a temp to hire opportunity! Ready to interview ASAP!
Location: Northwest, Houston
- Perform daily purchasing activities for assigned vendors and products.
- Review buy reports, consolidate requirements, check for at risk items, and place orders.
- Optimize the use of negotiated supplier buy plans, quantity discounts, break points, and freight programs to lower total acquisition costs.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for location specific inventory levels, reorder points, and replenishment methodologies. Includes thorough analysis of logistics options, utilizing direct from vendor shipments, scheduled releases and/or other methodologies to lower total acquisition costs.
- Monitor stock outs and take appropriate steps to correct. Make recommendations for changes in Inventory Policy to proactively avoid future outages.
- Expedite purchase orders and update PO information in Commerce Center. Communicate with the field on extraordinary Purchase Order issues, extended lead-times, and critical customer requirements
- Analytical skills
- Experience in purchasing ideal
- 3 plus years of progressive work experience
- Some report writing
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to change
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of your application.