Property Management Assistant
7800 Washington Ave , Suite 800 Houston, TX 77007 US
A well-established commercial real estate development & investing firm is looking for a Property Management Assistant to perform tenant and vendor relations activities. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator knowledgeable of property management best practices. Working collaboratively, the new team member will positively impact the business by efficiently executing processes while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and organizational effectiveness.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $50,000-$55,000 + Bonus
- 100% Company Paid Medical Premiums for Employee Only
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 2 weeks of vacation
- 8 sick days; 10 holidays
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Locate and approve new vendors; ensure that they have compliant insurance, W-9, and contact information.
- Obtain bids and provide bid tab for routine service contracts and other projects as requested by PM.
- Track routine vendor contracts for expiration; obtain bids 60 days prior to contracts expiring.
- Prepare and mail maintenance agreements, vendor contracts and lien releases, etc., and track these documents as directed.
- Review open work orders and follow up with staff and/or vendor regarding resolution; update work order and close when complete.
- Handle incoming calls for maintenance, lease issues, complaints.
- Take incoming calls and emails from tenants and handle or escalate as needed.
- Review leases for landlord/tenant responsibilities.
- Distribute memos and letters to tenants as directed by PM.
- Obtain and enter tenant sales reports; send appropriate correspondence to tenants with missing sales. Advise PM of annual sales reports and related percentage rents.
- Send routine collection letters at direction of PM. Add notes to Collector’s Workstation.
- Obtain and enter tenant & vendor insurance certificates; audit insurance records and send appropriate correspondence. Monitor insurance expiration in system and contact insurance agents or insureds to get updated insurance.
- Create and maintain online property book updated with account numbers for utilities, fire sprinkler systems, waste disposal, and vendor information such as which vendors provide services to the property and their contact information and scheduled days they provide service.
- E-file tenant and property related paperwork.
- Perform other job responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years of administrative experience
- 1+ years of experience in a property management office
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with tenants and vendors
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Tech savvy and able to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work onsite, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm