11983 Nat Steel Houston, TX 77041 US
A multinational engineering solutions company is looking for a Project Engineer to support and assist their Project Management team. The ideal candidate has technical knowledge of steel fabrication and is familiar with risk management & quality assurance control. Working closely with the team, the new engineer will deliver profitable results by meeting project requirements, scope, and objectives within timeframes.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
- 2 weeks vacation
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Understand project requirements from a technical, schedule, and budget perspective.
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quotations are received promptly. Follow up on technical requirements, best possible prices, and delivery dates.
- Prepare bids / offers / quotations for the clients and submit them for final review to Project Manager.
- Monitor the project to ensure it runs according to the assigned schedule and budget.
- Ensure that issued drawings by Engineering Department correspond to the client requirements, before dispatching them to the workshop.
- Coordinate with the QC Coordinator for project preparation and NDT requirements during the project.
- Liaise with Procurement Coordinator for purchasing raw material and ensure prompt delivery.
- Prepare and monitor manufacturing instructions for the workshop.
- Ensure the preparation of Fabrication Data Books is completed after each project.
- Prepare the Project Summary upon project completion and submit it to the Project Manager.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering Degree required
- At least 2 years of experience in assisting with management of welding, piping, or structural projects
- Technical knowledge of steel fabrication (piping and structural)
- Good understanding of Engineering and Oil & Gas related technical requirements
- Preferred experience includes:
- Quality Control knowledge or experience
- Understanding of related standards (ASME B31.3, API, ASME IX, AWS D1.1)
- Experience of installation on both offshore and onshore rigs
- Technical knowledge of welding processes (GTAW, SMAW, FCAW)
- Knowledge of high-pressure piping (5,000psi, 10,000psi, 15,000psi WP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Good team player with excellent communication abilities
- Responsive, proactive, and perseverant
- Ability to multitask under pressure with tight schedules
- Quality and results oriented
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 1 week of submitting your application.