Procurement Sales Manager
11700 Katy Fwy Suite 600 Houston, TX 77079
A global provider of top-quality chemical & pharmaceutical products is looking for a results-driven Procurement Sales Manager to manage, develop, and grow the allocated products. The ideal candidate is a petrochemicals expert with excellent negotiation and leadership skills. Working cross-functionally, the new leader will drive revenue growth by developing profitable purchasing strategies while ensuring cost-effectiveness and quality standards.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $100,000-$110,000 + Bonus 10%-15%
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Manage, develop, and grow the allocated products.
- Take ownership and accountability for the P&L results of the allocated products.
- Proactively grow the allocated products in the region.
- Handle purchasing for the allocated products (annual contracts, spot purchases).
- Handle sales for the allocated products (annual contracts, spot sales) via Sales Managers or directly.
- Control, monitor, and manage inventory and price risk (including long/short-positions) of the allocated products.
- Define and execute the strategy for the allocated products (this includes market studies and definition of road maps).
- Respond to inquiries from Sales Managers for pricing, product information, and documentation for the allocated products.
- Monitor/guide the activities of Sales Managers regarding the allocated products.
- Regularly control P&L-calculations in the NAV-system for the allocated products on accuracy and completeness.
- Calculate and set sales prices.
- Prepare budgeting and forecasting for the allocated products.
- Establish and maintain sustainable customer and supplier relationships through phone/video calls and personal meetings which includes travel.
- Develop in depth product and market knowledge (applications, markets, capacities, demands, product flow).
- Actively present the company, its products, prices, and value proposition to its partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field plus at least three years of work experience in the respective industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a comparable role in the US
- Must have experience in handling of petrochemicals like Glycols, Styrene, Acetone, VAM, Ethyl Acetate, Acetic Acid
- Purely commercial role without any direct reports
- Business focus of modes of transport: trucks, railcars, barges, vessels
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.