Procurement & Contracts Administrator
Katy, TX 77491 US
A leading producer, marketer, and distributor of liquefied natural gas and hydrogen is looking for a Procurement & Contracts Administrator responsible for all aspects of procurement, supply chain management, and relationships with suppliers & vendors. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with in-depth knowledge of procurement & supply chain best practices. Reporting directly to the VP of Operation, the new hire will work cross-functionally in developing cost-effective strategies to ensure profitability and optimal business operations.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Katy, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Work closely with the Logistics Manager and operations team, along with Contracts Administrator - Commercial/Sales.
- Develop sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of materials and equipment.
- Mitigate supply chain risk through supplier qualification, development, and alternatives.
- Maintain procurement records and keep them current according to state standards, review contracts, and maintain an efficient central filing system for contracts and renewals to assure contract compliance.
- Establish strong, collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to strategically develop, implement, and optimize vendor management processes, tools, and policies to achieve performance objectives.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of COI database.
- Conduct cost analyses and set benchmarks for continuous improvement.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional sources/vendors.
- Negotiate contracts, terms, and deadlines with vendors.
- Manage an efficient communication and flow of purchase orders, deliveries of goods, inventory management to ensure optimal business operations.
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Evaluate spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased, the timeliness of deliveries, and inventory management optimization.
- Create and present reports and metrics as required/requested.
- Work closely with the Contract Administrator-Commercial Sales, and the finance, and compliance departments to make sure contracts and terms are favorable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in procurement/supply chain management
- Minimum of 2 years related industry experience (natural gas or energy industry)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively and positively on cross-functional teams, supporting team and company goals
- Demonstrate ability to monitor and maintain cost controls
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.