Preventative Maintenance Technician
Raleigh, NC 27602 US
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Change fluids and filters as needed based on hours of use.
- Examine safety devices, equipment, and systems on equipment making adjustments as needed.
- Examine condition of equipment to recognize needed repairs.
- Drive and operate repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Observe all company and customer policies and safety procedures.
- Assure that hazardous waste is properly disposed.
- Accurately and neatly document each service call.
- Submit all paperwork or electronic documentation daily.
- Discuss any problems or repairs with the customer.
- Document needed repairs on signed paperwork and electronic documentation.
- Request quotes on additional repairs.
- If PM is declined by the customer, document PM Decline Reason/Code.
- Maintain the company service vehicle in a clean, orderly, and hazard-free manner in compliance with ASEC standards and assure preventative maintenance is performed on vehicle.
- Provide well-maintained personal tools required to perform equipment service.
- Choose safe work area and safely parks service vehicle.
- Keeps all work areas clean and hazard-free.
- Remain alcohol-free while working or driving company vehicles.
- Remain drug-free at all times.
- Inform supervisor/manager of any prescription drugs that may interfere with the ability to work safely.
- Keep up to date with online training.
- Comply with company speed limit and practice safe driving habits.
- High school degree or GED preferred; up to one year experience maintaining forklifts or related equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Language Ability: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words; Ability to recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers; Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; Ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.