Pasadena, TX 77501 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $180,000-$200,000 + Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Handle all issues involving facility safety, product quality, process compliance, facility maintenance, personnel scheduling, operator and mechanic training, incident follow-up, and department cost control.
- Focus on plant operations with detailed follow up on adherence to safety procedures, standard operating procedures, and engineering standards. Interact with Engineering, Quality Control, Shipping, and EH&S to resolve problems and ensure smooth operations. Assist with other tasks as needed.
- Meet safety goal. The goal is zero releases of hazardous material and zero recordable injuries.
- Meet quality goal. The goal is zero off spec batches.
- Meet production goal: Zero late shipments. Eliminate all controllable process downtime.
- Meet environmental goals. Establish programs to reduce waste disposal and energy consumption with goal of continuous reduction.
- Responsible for maintaining adequately trained staff according to approved staffing guidelines. Responsible for the enforcement of all company policies. Responsible for ensuring disciplinary actions are completed. Maintain all attendance and disciplinary records for the department.
- Responsible for ensuring that all SOP’s, ELTM’s, QAOP’s, and MOP’s reflect current plant work practices and equipment. A new operating procedure may have to be created if a task is not covered by an existing Operating procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining controlled documents and procedures in compliance with the ISO manual.
- Ensure properly trained personnel at all positions as defined in job descriptions. Encourage and direct additional professional development as needed to develop professional staff.
- Degree in engineering or 10+ years of chemical plant operations experience
- Plant leadership experience
- Experience creating training programs, implementing processes and procedures, etc.
- Expertise in operations management in the chemical industry
- Chemical engineer, batch plant preferred
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.