2200 Denton Drive , Ste 100 Austin, TX 78758 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $75,000-$90,000 + Discretionary Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Sick Days (3 per year)
- 401(k) with 4% company match and immediate vesting
Location: Austin, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Adapt to existing policies and procedures, while continually improving processes and procedures that promote efficiency, accountability, and equity in the Austin TX facility and at all levels within the company.
- Assign trucks and crew members to daily jobs in a strategic way to ensure customer satisfaction and punctuality. Manage distribution of hours while limiting OT when possible.
- Manage the customer service process ensuring an excellent experience for every customer. Manage post-move follow up, as well as claims and complaint resolution in a speedy manner. Accountable for client satisfaction and online reviews.
- Set team goals and celebrate wins regularly, ensure work is completed on time and within budget, provide coaching and training to team members, participate in hiring, run effective meetings and check-ins.
- Identify new opportunities to increase revenue, better serve our customers and team, provide support to companywide initiatives and strategies, participate in weekly company-wide Leadership Meetings with top management to discuss strategic decision making and process improvement options for the company.
- Participate in the recruitment of new employees to keep the team at a consistently high level. Provide additional training and manage disciplinary actions as needed. Directly communicate with team members during peak moving times, high value moves, and any other work-related issues.
- Willing to grow and adapt your role as needed. As the company continues to grow, the role may evolve.
- Act as the after-hours point of contact and must be available to work on some weekends.
- Perform in-person walkthroughs or virtual estimates to better assist customers and provide more accurate estimates and staffing for large projects.
- Manage the storage in and out via our inventory management system in conjunction with our Warehouse Manager and VP of Operations at our headquarters.
- Communicate effectively with customers and Sales Team regarding warehousing and storage requests.
- Monitor moving material and equipment inventory levels, communicate with vendor to request additional inventory, and manage move teams to ensure 100% equipment and unused material is returned upon completion of each project.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; 3 - 5 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Operations
- At least 5 years of experience in an Operations Manager or related role; experience in the commercial moving/trucking industry is a plus
- Possess an ability to create outside the box solutions with a desire to be part of an evolving company that embodies the startup mentality. Must a be highly organized self-starter and effective communicator.
- Detail-oriented organizational style with the ability to prioritize work and lead the charge when work demands peak performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service training, preferably in a professional setting. Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude.
- Experience scaling an organization and effectively managing people
- Experience with creating standardized processes and procedures that yields organizational consistency. Possesses an ability to improvise to solve non standardized problems using sound logic
- Computer skills, including all Office365 tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in the moving/trucking industry is a plus
- Must gain knowledge of all relevant US DOT and TX DMV regulations and create a maintenance program in conjunction with truck vendor for company fleet. Must be able to drive all fleet vehicles (e.g., bobtail trucks, vans, tractors) and be able to lift 50+ lbs. Continually assess utilization of truck fleet to evaluate and maintain ideal fleet size. Prior Dispatch or Logistics management is a plus
- Project Management, including running large crews, for commercial moves is a plus
- Experience in forklift operation and ability to train and certify new employees on proper forklift use; experience with Bendi lifts is a plus