1233 W 34th Street Houston, TX 77018 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX 77018
Type of Position: Temp-to-Hire
Schedule: M-F, 7am – 3:30pm / 8:30am – 5pm
- Read job cards to determine job status, work authorizations / limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/ or expected serviceability.
- Test electromechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (AC or DC).
- Disassemble electromechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
- Clean electromechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to parts washers, steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from service center office, as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electromechanical assemblies, including but not limited to bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electromechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other mechanics or other service center personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or service center manager.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- Preferred minimum level of education: high school diploma, plus the successful completion of a hands-on apprenticeship
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Clearly see 20+ feet with or without corrective lenses; have ability for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.