14510 Wagg Way Road Houston, TX 77041 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- With minimum supervision, provide technical expertise as a subject matter expert in elastomer gaskets, sheet metals, and material science topics related to Plate heat exchangers.
- Responsible for planning and executing testing and qualifications for new gasket materials compound and validating gasket design performance.
- Develop materials specifications, test methodology, and contact vendors to validate new and existing gasket performance.
- Provide Engineering technical support to Sales, manufacturing, and customers in regard to gasket and plates material selections.
- Conduct failure analysis to resolve any Service or customers concerns related to gaskets or plates materials.
- Recommend materials and related processes for gasket and plates designs in different R&D and production stages.
- Write specifications for the implementation of material choices and review supplier specifications and approvals of materials and processes.
- Responsible for generating new ideas and concepts related to technology. This can include new designs, features, materials developments, and even new types of technical solutions.
- Develop new products and services from product concept to launch to match customer needs.
- Evaluate material compatibility in special fluids, including writing test plans and providing oversight of testing.
- Assure material selections are compliant with environmental regulations and program requirements.
- Lead the relation with external suppliers. Collaborate with outside vendors to determine ways to strengthen or combine materials or develop new materials with new or specific properties for use in a variety of products and applications.
- Test materials to determine conformance to specifications of mechanical strength, strength-weight ratio, ductility, magnetic and electrical properties, and resistance to abrasion, corrosion, heat/cold and recommends them for reliable performance in various environments.
- Present technical solutions. Prepare technical reports and oral presentations to deliver technical recommendations. Responsible also for technical support and claim support.
- Initiate production of prototypes, samples, and lab tests.
- Design changes, support to supply and purchasing activities. Provide support to external suppliers regarding gasket materials and compounds.
- Accountable for product & component design. Activities may include devising research methods, setting-up laboratory test equipment, building models and prototypes, calculating and analyzing test results, and preparing detailed reports with recommendations and conclusions.
- Prepare technical documentation and specifications for new products and train operations on new processes. Also, responsible for maintenance of the existing portfolio - maintaining technical data on existing products and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechancial/Material Engineering or related discipline
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical/Material Engineering or related disciplinary is a plus
- 5+ years of experience working with sealing components made from elastomers such as gaskets and o-rings
- 5+ years of experience in R&D manufacturing environment
- Must have 5+ years of experience expert technical Knowledge and experience in elastomer materials such as NBR, EPDM, FKM, CR and more.
- Ideal candidates should have a sealing expert with strong material background in elastomers
- Understanding of sealing mechanism using elastomers gaskets is a must to perform the job duties
- Familiarity with ASTM, ASME, ISO, API, and any other related standard is a must
- Experience with FEA, forming analysis, or Hydraulic press simulation is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing principles such as stamping/ pressing tool design, compression or, injection mold design or, other manufacturing processes are a plus
- Experience with fluid system design or heat transfer is a plus
- Derive new ideas for improvement production performance
- Must have active learning and knowledge sharing mindset with team members
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs. occasionally as required
- Working knowledge of heat exchanger
- Higher consideration will be given to candidates with gasket 3D design modeling experience
- Some travel will be required
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.