Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
14510 Wagg Way Road Houston, TX 77041 US
A global manufacturing company in the plate heat exchanger industry is looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician responsible for repairs, adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of equipment/facilities. The ideal candidate is a LEAN expert, familiar with various maintenance equipment, tools, and procedures. Working with autonomy, the new technician will drive operational excellence by ensuring world-class quality & functionality of equipment while maintaining compliance with health & safety standards.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $25-$31/hour BOE
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
Location: Houston, TX 77041
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Perform electrical (110v), general plumbing knowledge, painting, and/or carpentry repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises.
- Ensure all safety systems are functioning properly, including emergency lighting, etc.
- Conduct safety checks on systems and equipment, including monthly fire extinguishers, etc.
- Use, follow, and create/suggest updates on Lockout/Tagout procedures. Able to identify all energy sources.
- Conduct periodic inspections to determine and identify equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Maintain records of any work and inspections done on-premises.
- Ensure all equipment necessary to perform work is operational.
- Conduct and maintain Preventative Maintenance schedule on equipment.
- Determine the appropriate equipment or method of maintenance required.
- Obtain the materials to be used in the project.
- Perform and maintain inventory on repair supplies.
- Maintain tools and supplies in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain, organize, and clean equipment and the work area.
- Install or assist the installation of new equipment.
- Notify supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education, diploma, or equivalent; any maintenance certification is a plus
- 2 to 3 years maintenance experience minimum
- LEAN experience in manufacturing environment in a PLUS
- Experience using a variety of maintenance equipment, tools, and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of mechanical equipment, machines and tools used in maintenance and repair of equipment
- Basic understanding of electric systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills: ability to prioritize tasks, create schedules, and develop timelines for completing work; organize their time
- Problem-solving skills: diagnose issues and develop effective solutions
- Comply to Production SOPs
Due to the high volume of applications, we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.