Nacogdoches, TX 75964
In search of a Maintenance Supervisor. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Location: Nacogdoches, TX
Job Pay: $70K - $75K
• Lead the site Maintenance function in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure while adhering to SQF guidelines.
• Responsible for planned scheduling creation and overseeing the adherence and timely completion of work.
• Increase the site operational effectiveness, improve on project delivery, mean time between failure and downtime reduction.
• Manage and implement improvement plans, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
• Manage the team on technical best practice and establish standard policies and procedures while also mentoring and leading the department.
• Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
• Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team.
• Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of the site
• Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance implementation and lead the team to deliver results effectively
• Schedule both internal and external work, maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
• Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the shift management and operators
• Optimize equipment productivity and reliability utilizing recommended procedures while maintaining focus on quality and food safety
• Ensure routine calibration and maintenance requirements are met on a variety of electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Ensure that all company buildings are properly maintained and fit for food manufacturing and storage of manufactured products and supplies. Provide proactive support/solutions when required
• Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditures
• Manage the process and introduction of new machinery into the facility as well as managing suppliers through the full installation while collaborating with all relevant parties
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
• Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization and present them to management
• Provide technical expertise to the entire maintenance staff and production as required
• Clearly communicate process, equipment and personnel issues to management and HR as required
• Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
• Develop metrics to accurately report progress on the KPI’s
• Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department and facility
• Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
• Ensure that all operational practices are in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
• Set department objectives, review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
• Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them
• Monitor work order completion of tasks and ensure data is recorded on appropriate systems for future reference
• Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels
• Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments
• Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation. Make recommendations, support and implement continuous improvement activities to optimize results and improve product quality to meet both company and customer requirements.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
• Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate and meet company and departmental objectives.
• Communicate with stakeholders the impact of change and potential effects on engineering design and development. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
• Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained.