Houston, TX 77041
In search of a Maintenance Supervisor. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: NW Houston
Job Pay: $80,000
Job Shift: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
• Supervises, coordinates, and assists activities with Manufacturing locations in maintaining, repairing, retiring, relocating and installing plant equipment.
• Prioritizes repair/improvement issues and opportunities with approval from Maintenance Manager.
• Oversees all maintenance mechanics of a specific shift.
• Requisitions and issues tools, equipment, and supplies that are plant equipment related.
• Inspects work areas and production schedules to determine type of work, materials, equipment and labor requirements for completion of “equipment” “project”.
• Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet schedules.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Operates equipment such as forklifts, crane, bulldozers and graders, and trains workers in equipment operation.
• Performs activities of workers supervised.
• Reviews installation equipment orders or schedules to ascertain resources necessary to complete project on time.
• Supervises employees in the maintenance department for a specific shift of location when working onsite equipment project.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five plus years’ experience in a supervisory role maintenance related
• Journeyman, HVAC and electrical skills would be helpful, but not required