Davant, LA 70046
A successful ship agency, stevedoring, and terminal operations company is looking for a Maintenance Millwright to be accountable for the terminal maintenance function, labor, and programs of conveyors, cranes, heavy equipment, electrical, and material handling systems. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic principles and maintenance best practices. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Shift Lead, the new team member will drive operational excellence through effective maintenance of industrial machinery while ensuring safety & efficiency.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: Davant, LA
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Perform all levels of repair and precision maintenance to conveyors, belting, compressors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, structures, and all associated equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs, and make all critical machine and system adjustments.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble & assemble components, test, and adjust assemblies with minimal to no supervision.
- Modify and fabricate machine systems by welding, cutting, grinding, and bolting.
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments.
- Accurately document repair and wrench time information in company CMMS program. This will include: Cause, Correction, Confirmation.
- Complete work in a safe and timely manner in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Perform routine inspections on assigned equipment and report finding in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform any other terminal functions as trained, requested, and instructed by supervision.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Shift work to include possible evening and weekend shifts.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Advanced knowledge in millwright duties
- Proficient in welding and fabrication techniques (ARC, MIG)
- Proficient in hydraulic/pneumatic principles and application
- Understanding and application of lubricants and maintenance best practices
- Knowledge and application of machinery alignments both manual and laser
- Knowledge of use of various heavy equipment including Caterpillar, Volvo, Komatsu, Manitowoc
- Friction crane experience is a plus
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Technician (CMRT) strongly preferred but not required
- Ability to attain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Successful completion of background check, physical, and drug screen
- Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, read build prints, and follow engineering drawings
- Must be able to use and understand precision measuring devices both metric and standard to include gauges, displays, micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, alignment tools, levels, and torque tools
- Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form
- Must have proficient mechanical aptitude as it pertains to structures, leverage, metallurgy, fasteners, rotating assemblies, gears, and material strength
- Must be highly skilled with hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools & instruments, chain hoist, presses, metal saws, cranes, and rigging equipment
- Able to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned
- Ability to maintain regular, dependable attendance
- Team player
- Make decisions and execute quickly
- Honesty and integrity
- Adaptable and flexible
- Collaborative- work well with others
- Excel in high growth, entrepreneurial, and meritocratic environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Thrive in a pressurized work environment
- Self- starter
- Problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Executing both short-term plans and long-term plans tied to vision and “big picture” goals
- Physical Requirements
- Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
- The employee must meet physical requirements, including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven, and moving surfaces
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 130 feet
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Perform work in dusty environment and all types of temperature/weather conditions
- Ability to work rotating shifts 24/7/365
- Flexibility to adjust to changing shift work which may require early mornings, nights, and weekends