6200 Savoy Drive , Ste 150 Houston, TX 77036 US
A fast-growing personal injury law firm is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to manage all discovery, petitions, motions, and other legal documents. The ideal candidate is a self-starter knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite and Needles. This role will support various attorneys who work collectively with other paralegals.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- 75,000 + discretionary bonus + annual review with possible merit increase
- Pays 100% of employee health care premiums
- 401K - company match
Location: Southwest Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Draft all discovery, pleadings, petitions, motions, and other legal documents.
- Summarize medical records
- Maintain attorney complex litigation docket and calendar deadlines via Outlook.
- Schedule all meetings, depositions, mediations, hearings, etc.
- Trial attendance
- Communicate with clients to gather client information and documents.
- Communicate with court personnel, opposing counsel, and experts.
- 5+ years of Plaintiffs Personal Injury litigation experience
- Experience with catastrophic and commercial cases
- Proficient in personal injury law involving airplane, bus, train, and 18-wheeler accidents and motor vehicle accidents
- Experience with catastrophic matters and other high-profile cases.
- Experience coordinating with experts and other parties regarding litigation matters.
- Thorough understanding of the litigation process.
- Proficient in E-Filing and e-service in state and federal courts
- Proficient knowledge of common deadlines and protocols of personal injury litigation
- Excellent organizational and time management Skills
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite and Needles
- Ability to “hit the ground running” with minimum training
- Self-starter who’s able to perform with minimum supervision
- Spanish bilingual a huge plus but not required