Learning and Development Specialist
11740 Katy Fwy #900 , #250 Houston, TX 77079 US
Location: Hybrid - 77079
Type of Position: Temp-to-Hire
- Design and develop training programs, including classroom-based, online, and on-the-job training.
- Develop training materials and resources, including instructor-led and self-paced courses, manuals, and videos.
- Apply design templates, standards, style guides, technical specifications to stakeholder’s content.
- Ensure that learning solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning theory.
- Deliver training through various methods, including classroom facilitation, web-based, electronic, and printed material, eLearning modules, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage and maintain the LMS, including configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing, and quality assurance of training materials and courses; provide technical support to employees and managers regarding the use of the LMS.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to learning and development.
- Partner with external training vendors to leverage best practices and resources.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in design, development, and delivery of instructional material in a corporate setting
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design principles required
- Experienced in authoring tool - Articulate Storyline preferred, LMS, Microsoft PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience designing and delivering a variety of training programs
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)