Inventory and Fleet Operations Coordinator
2440 Marietta Street Kenner, LA 70062 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Vacation and PTO
Location: Kenner, LA 70062
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Inventory Management
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of inventory levels, including tracking stock movement and conducting regular audits.
- Collaborate with various departments to monitor inventory demands and anticipate restocking needs.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries and efficient inventory replenishment.
- Implement and optimize inventory control procedures to minimize waste, loss, or theft.
- Vehicle Fleet Maintenance
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive maintenance schedule for all company vehicles, ensuring they remain in top working condition.
- Coordinate regular inspections, servicing, and repairs of the fleet to comply with safety and regulatory standards.
- Monitor vehicle usage and fuel consumption to identify areas for improvement and cost-saving measures.
- Manage vehicle registrations, inspections, and insurance renewals to keep all vehicles compliant with legal requirements.
- Large Vehicle Operation and Equipment Transportation
- Safely operate large vehicles, including trucks with trailers attached, to transport equipment, materials, machinery, and dumpsters to designated locations.
- Ensure compliance with traffic laws and safety regulations during vehicle operation and equipment transportation.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections of large vehicles to ensure they are in proper working order and report any maintenance needs promptly.
- Securely load and unload equipment, materials, machinery, and dumpsters, adhering to proper loading and unloading procedures.
- Equipment and Tools
- Manage the allocation, maintenance, and repair of tools and equipment used by employees.
- Maintain records of equipment usage and identify opportunities for optimizing efficiency and reducing downtime.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare regular reports on inventory levels, vehicle maintenance, equipment transportation, and related expenses for management review.
- Analyze data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for process improvements.
- Recommend and implement strategies to enhance inventory control, fleet management, and equipment transportation practices.
- Safety and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and best practices for inventory handling, vehicle operation, and equipment transportation.
- Develop and conduct training programs for employees regarding proper inventory management, vehicle operation, and equipment transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional certifications in logistics, supply chain management, or automotive maintenance are a plus
- Proven experience in inventory management, fleet operations, or related fields
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented mindset to maintain accurate records and identify potential issues proactively
- Familiarity with safety regulations and best practices in inventory and vehicle management
- Physical ability to inspect and move inventory and perform basic maintenance tasks on vehicles and equipment
- Possession of a valid driver's license with a clean driving record and the ability to drive large vehicles, including trucks with trailers attached, to transport equipment, materials, machinery, and dumpsters
- Proven experience in operating large vehicles and handling equipment transportation securely
- Knowledge of loading and unloading procedures for various types of equipment and materials
- Ability to prioritize safety and follow established protocols during vehicle operation and equipment transportation
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.