Inside Sales Engineer
Mobile, AL 36601 US
A leading automation and controls technology company is looking for an Inside Sales Engineer to have direct and daily contact with its customers and develop relationships to grow the business. The ideal candidate is a highly motivational leader committed to excellence and knowledgeable of sales best practices. Working with Outside Account Managers, the new leader will meet sales objectives by ensuring process improvement, quality performance, and operational excellence while building long-term client relationships and exceeding customer requirements.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $70,000-$80,000 + Annual Bonus
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K - company match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Career Development Opportunities
Location: Mobile, AL OR Birmingham, AL
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible for building, developing, and retaining customers necessary to drive a high-performance sales team, along with ensuring succession for accounts.
- Acknowledge & process customer’s Request for Quotes (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO).
- Establish and manage customer requirements, including quote follow-ups and pro-expedite purchase orders.
- Direct sales forecasting activities, analyze account sales data, and promote sales.
- Communicate with Outside Account Mangers and Project Managers to establish profit, inventory suggestions, and pricing requirements for key accounts.
- Review work processes to ensure that internal and external quality standards are followed and suggest improvements.
- Examine ways to offer practical, creative alternatives that increase the chances of successfully closing orders at higher margins.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree / 2-year technical degree (preferred in an Engineering)
- 2-5 years of industry experience
- Be available and responsive immediately when needed
- Willingness to be on call for after-hours & weekend support periodically
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.