A fast-growing venture capital company is looking for an IT Director to support the continued rapid growth and development of the company. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has in-depth knowledge of information technology and computer systems & specifications. Working cross-functionally, the new director will effectively manage technology operations by implementing new IT systems & policies to meet the company’s objectives.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $150,000-$170,000 + Bonus and profit sharing
- 100% Company Paid Medical Premiums
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: Austin, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Develop the IT strategy, systems roadmaps, technical architecture, and the resulting IT programs of work with the business and its senior management; support and enable the continued rapid growth and development of the company.
- Establish and agree to strategic items, establishing priorities, systems design, implementation of projects, customizations and modifications of the company’s information systems that meet the immediate and long-term needs of the company.
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure and systems are effective, reliable, and appropriate for the current business and for future growth.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new application and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Manage all existing IT systems, including MS Office/Office 365, CRM tool, file storage system, and cybersecurity tools.
- Establish and maintain network users, user environment, directories, and security, including managing our Okta deployment.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Ensure equipment and software remains up-to-date and operating in highly efficient manner.
- Manage network performance, printing, and technical resources, including protection against virus and other threats.
- Work with CCO on ensuring document retention obligations are met.
- Deploy new laptops and other IT equipment to all new hires; manage IT onboarding & offboarding.
- Work with third-party suppliers/vendors to deliver cost effective sourcing of services and deliver innovation and opportunities through effective product evaluation and selection to match the needs.
- B.S. Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration
- 10+ years of IT experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing the IT function at a company
- Experience working at international organization and supporting in-office and remote employees
- Strong Cyber Security / IT Security skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks/initiatives
- Ability to work independently, as IT department of one (team may scale over time with business needs)
- Venture capital / private equity or a related industry a plus
- Ability to travel 25%
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.