Human Resources Generalist
831 Bartlett Rd , #600 Sealy, TX 77474 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- 100% Employer Paid Medical Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Opportunities for advancement
Location: Sealy, TX 77474
- Develop and maintain an effective level of literacy about Company’s business to weigh in on business decisions with credibility. Understands how the business works holistically vs. by individual function.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the leadership team within the business, while acting as a strong and visible advocate for the people in the organization.
- Is a valued confidant and a source of counsel for broader business matters.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepare reporting by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Collect and summarize timekeeping information.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Facilitate the development and execution of recruitment strategies, ensuring attraction of talent across all levels of employees.
- Partner with the business to drive and embed sustainable organizational change initiatives.
- Build partnership with other functional team members to ensure that internal customer requests/needs for HR services are being met in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for the onboarding and off-boarding of employees, including payroll and benefit administration.
- Evaluate and maintain company compliance with existing and changing state and federal (US) HR regulations.
- Perform ad-hoc HR requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required
- At least five to seven years of human resource experience preferably within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Multistate payroll experience required (Paylocity)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.