Human Resource Business Partner
2500 Galveston Rd Houston, TX 77017
A global plant and process solutions leader is looking for a Human Resource Business Partner to guide and manage the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs. The ideal candidate is highly ethical and thoroughly understands employment law, recruitment, resources development, employee relations, and safety. Reporting directly to the Deputy Managing Director, the new HRBP will deliver value-added service to the organization while providing strategic guidance and aligning business objectives with employees & management while maintaining compliance with HR policies and governmental laws & regulations.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Interview management and executive position candidates.
- Establish and lead the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Establish and manage an employee’s retention program.
- Coordinate all Human Resources training programs. Provide necessary education and materials to managers and employees, including references to workshops and manuals such as the employee handbook.
- Establish an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs, including training needs assessment, new employee onboarding or orientation, and cost of training.
- Manage the training process for both operational and administrative workers and ensure its compliance with the company’s training plan.
- Assist with the development and monitor the spending of the corporate training budget. Maintain employee training records.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Protect the interests of employees and the company-by-company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Minimize risk.
- Comply with the relevant working procedures to its work area.
- Perform all duties related to his/her position or assigned by the immediate superior.
- Follow all company policies as stated in the employee Handbook and Employee Health and Safety Manual.
- Ensure compliance with company policy.
- Ensure that an established annual interview is performed.
- Participate actively in the talks, training, and other activities that are performed according to the Company’s Management System.
- Strive for continuous improvement in his/her working area.
- Coordinate follow-up with safety for injured workers.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources; common degrees include a Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resources
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in hiring and personnel management
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, recruitment, resources development, employee relations, and safety
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes
- Skills & Abilities
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment; must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Highly organized, a good time manager, ability to delegate tasks
- Ethical behavior and use of discretion in handling sensitive information
- Initiative and active participation during expected and unexpected events of the job and continuous improvement of the procedures focusing on quality and efficiency
- Change management (help everyone to cope with the constant changes)
- Enthusiasm and commitment to HR department projects
- Cool under pressure; critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Good multitasker – know how to manage multi projects or tasks and track issues on a daily base
- Ability to work without supervision
- Team worker, shows empathy, and manners in dealing with all the stakeholders
- Reliable / Punctual
Due to the high volume of applications, we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.