Heat Trace Sales Manager
13715 N. Promenade Blvd. Houston, TX 77477 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Competitive Salary - Depends on Experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible for overall job and customer ownership. Represent the company in a professional, ethical manner to the marketplace and within the company. Expertly represent the company in a customer satisfaction capacity in the territory.
- Make calls on management representatives, including Project Managers, Maintenance Managers, Engineers, and other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments – attempting to convince prospective clients of the desirability and practicability of products and services as well as to maintain awareness of upcoming capital and maintenance projects.
- Identify and target key decision makers to develop relationships at appropriate and varied levels across customer groups and organizations.
- Develop customer base through existing relationships of the company nationwide.
- Plan customer service schedules in advance to optimize the use of resources and time. Optimize customer contact time by planning and performing correspondence and support documents during non-customer contact hours.
- Have a full and complete understanding of products, programs, and services that the company offers to advance perception as an expert in the business. Provide technical services to clients relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment using visual aids and demonstrations where appropriate. Provide technical training to client’s personnel as well.
- Draw up or propose changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would minimize product or service costs.
- Provide sound written business correspondence. Make group presentations or one-on-one presentations in a professional format.
- Maintain care for the company property and equipment as though you were responsible for replacing it.
- Maintain accurate record of sales leads and opportunities in Salesforce.
- Assist in estimating, quoting, preparation of bids and proposals, with a focus on setting competitive strategies and pricing on major projects.
- Negotiate sales agreements / orders.
- Plan and work industry trade shows.
- Maintain accurate records for reimbursement of true business expenditures.
- Maintain a SAFETY-FIRST mentality at all time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- Experienced in sales positions for 5+ years
- Proven track record of territory growth
- Experience dealing with Refining, Petrochemical, Power & Chemical projects and plants
- Proficient in computer programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Expertise or strong understanding of Salesforce
- The ability to draft professional business communications between stakeholders
- Must be able to travel for extensive periods of time, including international where necessary (up to 50%)
- Preferred qualifications include:
- A highly motivated, self-starter who can work remotely when needed; Should possess the ability to handle the daily requirements while being able to execute and communicate progress weekly
- Ability to work autonomously and drive results with minimal direct supervision, self-driven, and motivated
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships
- Operational/field experience in the construction, manufacturing, field services, or other industrial environments with a proven understanding of productivity drivers
- Organization, presentation, and communication skills are paramount; will have to conduct presentations and discussions weekly with operations and functional leadership
- Understand scheduling techniques, estimating, change management, risk management, and progress reporting methods
- Be able to demonstrate expert level experience on a personal computer and application software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.