Head of Projects
440 Louisiana St. , Suite 800 Houston, TX 77002 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $120,000-$180,000, Dependent on Experience
- Annual Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Business Development
- Develop new relationships with prospective customers as well as maintain relationships with existing customers with requirements involving project logistics.
- Work with local stakeholders to grow Project Logistics product in the Americas region.
- Work closely with Project Management and Chartering teams to develop end-to-end tailor-made solutions.
- Work with Agency team to select and continuously review agents in the global database that can support any requirement that will ensure successful execution.
- Lead and execute the price setting strategy including pricing for large strategic RFQ opportunities.
- Develop and sustain relationships with new & existing vendors by sourcing, initiating, and attending regular meetings and/or trade fairs.
- Proactive engagement with key account management team and/or product heads to maximize profitability of projects.
- Ensure consistent monthly reporting of the global sales pipeline, including achieved business wins and conversion ratios across all sales channels.
- Product Management
- Be a subject-matter expert in Project Logistics and support country team on project logistics solution design for customers.
- Drive and execute the product’s strategic initiatives for global growth to meet the annual financial targets.
- Develop a growth strategy and business plan for the Project Logistics product for USA based on targeted markets and clientele.
- Prepare and be responsible for country’s business plans, strategy and sales pipeline
- Increase GP contribution through close collaboration with global chartering desk.
- Ensure hand-over of projects to local Operations team in an efficient manner to achieve smooth execution of shipments.
- Develop the skillset of local teams through consultation, guidance, and training in relation to matters pertaining to project cargo and related activities.
- Ensure that projects are executed by the PM team are completed in compliance with company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Actively engage with our HSEQ team to ensure compliance with industry leading standards.
- Extensive technical product knowledge, including experience in product pricing and commercial strategies
- Experience in customer facing engagements and presentation
- Understanding of the key profitability drivers in logistics and supply chain management
- Strong ability to facilitate cross-functional decision-making and execution
- Required Competencies:
- Business Development
- Customer Management
- Logistics Solution Sales
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategy Implementation
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.