HR/Payroll Compliance Specialist
4202 Chance Lane Rosharon, TX 77583
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll/HR Compliance Specialist in Rosharon!
Our client, an electrical construction company, is seeking a team player with extensive payroll knowledge who can confidently and accurately oversee payroll and corporate compliance.
Location: Rosharon, TX 77583
Salary: $28-30/hr – Temp to hire
- Oversee in house payroll and HR staff (will supervise 1 employee)
- Review, monitor and assist where needed in weekly payroll process (approx. 190+ employees weekly)
- Monitor payroll activities and provide recommendations, support and guidance to payroll clerk
- Reconcile payroll liability accounts weekly
- Make reconciling entries as approved by Accounting Supervisor or CPA
- Review of new hire electronic and paper files by payroll clerk – review/correct entries
- Review confidential background & drug screen results, maintain confidential files and correspondence regarding the same
- Communicate results only to properly privileged management
- New Hire Benefit Coordination/Enrollment/Orientations (Non-Union employees)
- Learn and review union employee benefits – including review of employee benefits settings & prepare monthly union reports and benefit liability payments
- Non-union employee benefits: 401(k) employee/employer contributions – compliance, census response, payments, employee changes
- Texas Workforce Commission communications, application responses, hearings, etc
- Monitor and respond to or coordinate response to all HR faxes
- Coordination of all pay rate changes, including checking entries by payroll clerk
- Approval, oversight & verification of payroll corrections
- Review employee terminations
- Review/Prepare employee correspondence
- Possess the knowledge and ability to backup payroll clerk in an absence
- Respond and/or assist with 3rd party and internal compliance audits
- Bachelor’s degree + relevant experience OR have extensive payroll knowledge from a compliance/supervisory role.
- Acumatica ERP preferred (other ERP required)
- Knowledge of state and federal payroll standards, payroll taxes, liabilities, accounting process standards
- Highly organized, personable, approachable
This is a temp to hire position. Once converting to their payroll, the company offers employer paid health insurance PTO, 401k with contribution and a stable working environment!