General Sales Manager
Houston, TX 77040 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $143,000 + Quarterly Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
- Paid Maternity Leave Longer Than 8 Weeks
- Vehicle Reimbursement
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Establish and attain rental revenue volume and market share goals.
- Develop rental rate strategies using local market condition data.
- Manage department expense controls to achieve budget and develop, refine, and enforce company policies, and work to enhance company-supplier relationships.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and coaching the rental sales managers in pursuit of market share and revenue goals.
- Organize and coordinate teamwork, rep goals, and manpower plan for all rental industry segments.
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers as well as partners and suppliers.
- Coach and mentor sales managers.
- Provide feedback.
- Set goals and guidelines.
- Assist with tasks.
- Manage customer expectations and drive the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Engage customers and suppliers to build on business relationships.
- Ensure attendance to company policies and strategies.
- Fair and accurate application of Sales Commission Policies
- Fair and accurate resolution of Sales Dept. policy questions
- Ten (10) years of sales experience in the equipment rental industry
- Five (5) years of sales management experience
- Effective leader
- Proficient with Integrated Rental, Microsoft Office, Salesforce
- Knowledge of financial reports, invoicing, creating budgets, and compensation plan development
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with varied levels of management and executive management, sales representatives, and administrative staff
- Ability to motivate sales representatives to increase market share
- Negotiation experience needed
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background check, physical, and drug screen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen or provide proof of legal work status
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the essential job functions of the position and in properly understanding and completing all paperwork related to employment with the company
- Must be able to successfully complete the in-house forklift safety training program
- Must agree to purchase and provide all required tooling for position
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.