Houston, TX 77042
Cutting edge healthcare company that is digitally focused is searching for an experienced General Counsel. The company is early stage, experiencing exponential growth and raising growth capital. This is an awesome opportunity to be a part of building a company that will disrupt the healthcare industry.
The General Counsel is responsible for providing ongoing strategic legal advice. As the primary legal advisor to the Senior Leadership Team and all departments, the General Counsel support the organization to carry out its mission in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies and at acceptable levels of risk.
Location: Houston, TX
- Advising executive, senior management on various matters such as legal rights, and new
- and existing laws
- Managing organization's legal matters
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions
- Preserving all corporate records
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments
- Creating new entities and managing organization's intellectual property.
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree required
- MA or BSc in Business Administration preferred
- 6+ years of practice with an established law firm or as in house counsel
- Startup experience required
- Proven general counseling experience in business environment
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.