Finance & Operations Coordinator
303 S. Stadium Dr. Baton Rouge, LA 70802 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible for analyzing the current financial processes at the Steam Station, make recommendations to the General Manager for improvement, implement approved processes, and develop reporting.
- Provide direct support to General Manager that will require interaction with various internal and external customers and will be expected to represent the unit in a professional manner.
- Assist in creating and maintaining O&M budget, report monthly finals to operations staff, along with performing necessary GL reconciliations and accruals.
- Create and maintain key monthly operational reports for submission to internal and external customer officials.
- Create and track projects, project budgets, and project actuals in D365.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in creating and maintaining contracts and relationships with Key Vendors and the new vendor input process in D365.
- Process, verify, and pay all utility bills received by the customers, including but not limited to electricity, natural gas, steam, chilled water, domestic water, sewer and fire service water utilizing D365. Track and analyze usage and costs.
- Track and maintain utility steam sales to customers. Create/maintain reports to analyze usage and costs across various locations and report out any variances.
- Work with finance team to track and maintain AP and AR. Enter, process, and track purchase orders, along with processing incoming invoices.
- Process all Credit cards for Operations and Management staff utilizing expense software program.
- Assist the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities.
- Assist in research and submission of available energy grant opportunities.
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
- Promote, ensure, and maintain a safe and healthy environment for your fellow workers and yourself so that everyone goes home injury-free.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Industrial Regulations, Environmental Protection Act and Regulations and HSE policies, programs, and procedures.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting workplace HSE hazards and concerns to your supervisor immediately and providing solutions (if aware of any) to address these concerns as requested.
- Immediate reporting of all work-related injuries/illness to your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, accounting or related field and 2 years of experience
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and current financial legislation
- Experience with Financial Modeling, Financials, Accounting, maintaining Procurement Policy & Contracts, and Capital Spend Tracking
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work alone with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to lead by example and create a harmonious working environment working with various individuals
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities
- Ability to function in both an industrial plant and office environment
- Previous experience with concession agreements considered is a plus
- Experience working with Dynamics 365 (D365) is considered is a plus
- Experience with expense software is considered is a plus
- Knowledge of District Energy/Utilities/Sustainable Energy Industries considered is a plus
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.