Beaumont, TX 77701 US
An industry leader in providing integrated telecom solutions is looking for a Field Technician to perform site services and technical support activities for telecommunication & security systems. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator with a sound technical understanding of common systems in the oil & gas industry. Working collaboratively, the new hire will drive operational excellence by providing exceptional service & support while meeting performance & quality standards.
Salary: Competitive Salary (Depends on Experience)
Location: Beaumont, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible for on-site commissioning of telecommunication & security systems.
- Perform site acceptance testing and completing system hand-over.
- Coordinate with visiting OEM Engineers/ Technicians during commissioning activities.
- Coordinate with Engineering/ Integration to resolve technical faults and issues.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support during warranty period.
- Associate/ Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunications preferred
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP, CCIE preferred
- Recognized certifications at professional or expert level in the other listed telecommunications & security systems preferred
- 3-6 years of experience in North American Oil & Gas Industry in Telecommunications & Security Systems domain in system commissioning and support role
- Sound knowledge of North American Oil & Gas related standards (NEC, FM, UL, NEMA, API, etc.), and industry practices required
- Require travelling and outstation stay at project/client site
- Require to undergo orientation and training for up to 4-6 weeks at our Integration Facility at Sharjah, UAE
- Expected to have sound technical understanding of following common systems in Oil & Gas industry (Onshore & Offshore):
- Fiber Optic Transmission Systems
- Local Area Network
- Wireless LAN
- Storage Area Network
- Structured Cabling System
- Telephony (IP & Analog)
- Public Address & General Alarm (PAGA) System
- CCTV Surveillance System (IP based, for Process and Security Monitoring)
- Access Control System
- Perimeter & Pipeline Intrusion Detection Systems
- VHF/UHF/Trunked Radio Systems
- Marine & Aeronautical Radio Systems
- Microwave/ Ethernet Point-to-Point Radio Systems
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) System
- Equipment Cabinets, Indoor/ Outdoor/ Hazardous Area Enclosures
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.