Field Service Technician
Houston, TX 77017 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Gas allowance
- Phone allowance
- Medical Insurance Stipend
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Field Service: Conduct on-site visits to client locations to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair pressure vessels.
- Preventive Maintenance: Develop and execute preventive maintenance schedules to minimize system downtime and ensure long-term reliability.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support to clients through effective communication, problem-solving, and guidance on system operation.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of service visits, equipment performance, and parts inventory.
- Safety: Follow all safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment and prevent accidents or injuries.
- Training: Train clients and other team members in system operation and maintenance when necessary.
- Emergency Response: Respond to emergency service requests promptly and effectively to minimize downtime.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process and system improvements and contribute to the development of new technologies and methodologies.
- Management & organizational skills – must comfortably liaise with clients & contractors from worker bee status up to executive level.
- A desire and ability to, ultimately, operate our small business on all levels from basic understanding of finances, profit vs. revenue & accounting to writing technical proposals to working alongside peers and subordinates to hands-on, down & dirty field service work
- Written & verbal communication skills – from writing technical reports to communicating w/various levels of clients and contractors. Grammar and context MATTER
- Must exhibit and practice critical thinking skills as opposed to linear thinking
- Must possess an inherent desire to learn the technology on all levels, to improve on a continuous basis and to excel in their/this chosen field of endeavor.
- A physical ability to perform required field service work. This requires entry into and working comfortably inside confined spaces (not Really) and possessing the strength & agility to maneuver. The mental & cognitive ability to get a diverse group of individuals working towards common objectives
- Capacity for multi-tasking, to quickly disengage from one aspect of our business, effectively engage another, and re-engage previous priorities without losing momentum, train of thought, etc.
- Must be compatible with our current, highly-valued employee. This means working at & from our base of operations in S. Houston, TX. We do NOT punch a clock or even track personnel hours at work, but require employees to always exhibit good judgement, respect for others no matter their station, and routinely inform management personnel of progress with current tasks, field service projects, whereabouts, etc.
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.