Executive Director - Houston, TX
A non-profit, social impact organization focused on disaster resilience and recovery has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Director to grow its Houston operation.
The ideal candidate is a strategic leader with expertise in housing program design & management. The new Executive Director will effectively manage the operations by developing strategies and implementing a high-quality vision, aiming to promote the organization’s mission & values.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $80,000-$90,000 + Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K - company match
Location: NW Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Develop and achieve annual goals and benchmarks for housing production (for sale, for rent, and owner occupied), property management, clients, residents, volunteers, fundraising, budgeting, AmeriCorps, and communications.
- Align team members, operations, and activities with company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Lead, coach, and develop the Houston team members and ensure each team member understands their goals and has the training and supervision needed to achieve them.
- Promote a culture of excellence that is grounded in Toyota Production System problem solving.
- Actively engage and energize company volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders to meet articulated goals and objectives.
- Seek out and suggest opportunities to broaden company’s local impact.
- Provide effective leadership for staff and be accountable for achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Translate broad goals into achievable steps and set and manage appropriate expectations.
- Handle detailed, complex concepts and problems and make rapid decisions regarding management and development issues.
- Plan and implement programs and meet deadlines.
- Establish strong and appropriate relationships with staff, AmeriCorps members, governing board, volunteers, donors, partners, and the general community.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management.
- Demonstrate initiative and work as a team player.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards in management, governance, and fund development.
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Executive leadership strongly preferred
- Experience in state/national grant management
- Experience in affordable housing program design and management
- Understanding of Houston housing needs strongly preferred
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Google tools
- Clear communication skills and a strong sense of maturity, positivity, and professionalism
Due to the high volume of applications, we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 3 weeks of submitting your application.