Executive Assistant/Office Manager
801 W. 5th St. Austin, TX 78703 US
A leading global technology-focused venture capital firm is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant / Office Manager to provide administrative support to executives. The ideal candidate demonstrates a high level of confidentiality and has superb communication & office management skills. Working cross-functionally, the new EA will contribute to the efficiency of the business by providing comprehensive support to executive members with the highest level of professionalism and organizational effectiveness.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus + Profit Sharing
- Hybrid: In-office / Remote (4 days a week in office)
- Fully paid Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- Life & disability insurance on the first day of month following the beginning of employment
- Fully vested employer match of contributions to employer sponsored 401K - 4%
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- Various employee development and training opportunities to participate in
Location: Austin, TX
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Support 2-4 Executives with calendar management, travel, expenses, meeting coordination, and event planning.
- Serve as the key point of contact for main office vendors, such as maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment repair. Monitor office machines and systems, and problem-solve issues as needed (including copiers, mail sorting, and conference room scheduling).
- Monitor and maintain inventory of necessary office supplies; order supplies as needed to keep basic supplies stocked, and to fulfill special requests from staff.
- Design, communicate, and oversee implementation of office operations, policies, and procedures.
- Work with IT to maintain and update office phone list, email distribution lists, and other similar systems.
- Maintain responsibility for general office upkeep and “look and feel.” This includes keeping kitchen and supply areas stocked, clean and functional.
- Provide event support and planning as needed, including retreats, meetings, staff events. This includes logistical research and planning, day-of support, and invoice/billing management.
- Support other functional areas and members of the organization’s leadership team with special projects as needed. May include projects in HR, Recruiting, Marketing, Development, Finance or Programs.
- Provide EA backup coverage as needed.
- 1-2 years AA / EA experience in a fast-paced professional environment; Office Management experience is a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Must be comfortable working on a team; there are several other Executive Assistants this person would be working closely with daily
- Willing to work in-office at least 4 days a week and assist with in-office events as needed
- VC, PE, Financial services industry experience preferred
- Exceptional calendar management skills (using Outlook)
- Strong technical skills - advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook required; familiarity with productivity tools (Slack, etc.) ideal
- Have an ability to multitask, process emails, and prioritize tasks in a timely fashion with little-to-no supervision
- Obsessively organized, efficient, and have superb attention to detail; no balls dropped or typos!
- Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, professional, articulate, and calm regardless of the situation
- Strong problem solver - able to anticipate issues before they arise and proactively find/recommend solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a high-performance level in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to take and give feedback; consistently work to achieve better results
- Team player - able to interact seamlessly with co-workers
- Mature, happy, confident, and professional demeanor
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Trustworthy - handle highly confidential/sensitive matters with discretion and tact
- Dependable and consistent; taking pride and ownership in work