13201 Northwest Freeway, Ste 220 Houston, TX 77040 US
A stable and highly profitable environmental consulting firm is looking for an Environmental Consultant responsible for preparing air permits and assisting clients. The ideal candidate is thoroughly knowledgeable about environmental air permitting and emissions calculations. In compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, the new engineer will drive operational excellence by ensuring the highest quality standards on project deliverables.
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $75,000 - $130,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance + Employer stipend
- Paid Vacation + Sick Time + Paid Holidays
- 401K - company match
- Hybrid: Flexible schedule with future work from home opportunities
- Collaborative, team environment
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Direct hire
- Responsible for the preparation of air permits: NSR, Standard Permits, and Permit by Rules primarily O&G standard permits and PBRs.
- Conduct air quality analysis and emissions calculations.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and assist clients with follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure the highest quality standards on project deliverables.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in chemical/environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline
- 5-8 years of related professional work experience
- Familiarity with federal and state environmental regulations, preferably those specific to the energy industry (oil & gas and chemical/petroleum processing)
- Strong background in environmental air permitting and emissions calculations
- Microsoft Office programs expertise. Experience with other software systems, including, GlyCalc, Promax, air modeling software, etc. is desired
- Attention to detail, strong written/verbal communication skills, and effective organizational/analytical capabilities are a must; should also possess experience in writing detailed technical reports
- Ability to multi-task, work in a deadline-intensive environment, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.