Donor Development Officer
1297 North 13th Street San Jose, CA 95112 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: San Jose, CA
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Provide strategic leadership and work cooperatively with Marketing to create company’s major donor communication materials.
- Identify prospective major donors through company’s current donors as well as other corporate, church, professional, and relational networks.
- Cultivate new and prospective donors through a Moves Management process, including regular and strategic interactions and engagement with key leaders, including program staff and the President.
- Meet income and activity goals, including face-to-face meetings, tracking development activities in Raiser’s Edge, and meaningful connections.
- Provide reports regarding goals, objectives, and other measured data to VP of Development.
- Engage in growth and development of company’s affinity groups.
- Represent the company as a speaker in churches, service clubs, professional organizations, religious organizations, corporations, and volunteer groups.
- Identify planned giving prospects and engage them in company’s planned giving resources.
- Supervise and coordinate proposal-writing efforts from prospect to gracious gift acknowledgment.
- Regularly travel to donor meetings and meet in a variety of venues, including churches, restaurants, offices, and homes.
- Provide support to President, VP of Development, and the Development Team as necessary.
- 1-5 years experience with fundraising and/or donor development
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed
- Track record of cultivating trust-based relationships that allows them to influence and mobilize colleagues and partners
- Valid CA Driver’s License with a clean record
- Computer literate
- Familiarity with social media and digital communication
- Professional written and spoken communication skills
- Proficiency speaking to small and large groups of people
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with donors, board members, staff, volunteers, and vendors
- Must be committed to furthering the mission of the organization
- Days and hours of work will be determined between the candidate and hiring manager
- Preferred education and experience include:
- 4-year degree
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE)
- Experience with non-profit fundraising/development
- Familiarity with the company, addiction, and homelessness
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge or other management software
- Experience with or exposure to marketing, branding, and communications functions
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.