Director of Human Resources
4801 Florida Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- $150,000 + Discretionary Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
Location: New Orleans, LA 70117
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Responsible for strategic resource & capability planning to ensure that the right people with the right skills will be available at the right time in the right place to deliver the business strategy.
- Optimize attraction, development, and retention of high caliber employees.
- Ensure that there is a strong diverse, pipeline of talent with well understood career development paths.
- Implement fair employment practices that meet the needs of the organization.
- Support the Southern Region COO in ensuring that the company organization design is fit for purpose and is sufficiently agile & adaptive to respond to future strategic requirements.
- Act as internal facilitator, coach, and advisor to the Southern leadership team in relation to organizational design & development, people management, and development of a high-performance culture.
- Oversee staff operations, business planning, and budget development of HR programs.
- Deliver a comprehensive HR service to the Southern Region, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training & development, and employee engagement & relations, performance management.
- Ensure that day-to-day problems and complaints from employees regarding employee benefits, payroll, and paperwork are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Advise managers on employee and labor policies, such as ADA and FMLA and ensure compliance with Affirmative Action /Equal Employment Opportunity requirements.
- Advise and support on disciplinary matters and the termination of employees as per the organization’s policies.
- Analysis of employee data and provision of management information and KPIs, developing insights, and recommendations to inform the organization’s strategies.
- Report on the progress of the Southern Region against the People Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations preferred
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred
- Experience of having led HR projects in a multi-site environment, ideally within heavy industry
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs
- Experience with Ceridian/ Dayforce is a plus
- Strong organizational development skills with a background in talent management & workforce planning
- Strong analytical skills comfortable with data and able to build insights to inform strategy & planning
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop Human Resources staff members, ideally including remote team members
- Good project management skills, well organized, able to deal effectively with competing priorities
- Proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment; must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Ideally, bilingual English/Spanish speaker but not essential
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.