115 Illinois St. Rhome, TX 76078 US
Salary + Additional Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Location: Rhome, TX 76078
Type of Position: Direct Hire
- Follow work order instructions to make repairs per the FMCSA.
- Make mechanical repairs, including engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical systems, cooling systems, steering, rear-ends, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair 12-volt wiring and lighting.
- Repair air leaks.
- Install Brake Shoes and Drums.
- Replace bolt-on parts, i.e., steering pumps, steering boxes, AC compressors, blower motors, etc.
- Communicate with the Mechanical Service Writer on other issues that may arise during work order completion.
- Work in a safe manner and wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Provide own tools & toolbox.
- Perform other job-related duties assigned.
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Experience working on diesel engines
- In depth understanding of all mechanical components of heavy-duty trucks
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to find the source of problems / malfunctions
- Emissions experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work with hand tools, precision, and other equipment
- Ability to follow work order instructions
- Ability to complete standard jobs equivalent to or less than documented Standard Repair Times
- ASE Certification preferred
- CDL A or B preferred
- Physical demands include:
- Must be able to lift and carry 50+ pounds
- Constant hand, fingers, and arm use
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to manipulate small hand tools
- Ability to bend, squat, and lift frequently
- Pushing and pulling objects weighing 50+ pounds
Due to the high volume of applications, we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within one week of submitting your application.