Data Warehouse Architect
2900 North Loop West 3rd Floor Houston, TX 77092
Seeking a Data Warehouse Architect that has experience with ETL, and DBA.
Location: Houston, TX
The Data Warehouse Architect/DBA manages the architecture, development, maintenance and day-to-day operations of the data warehouse and overall data architecture, including appropriate policy, retention, ETL and documentation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or STEM field
- Experience in configuration and tuning of SQL Server in a Microsoft environment
- Five plus years of progressive experience in database technologies and development
- Experience with related tools and languages such as SSIS, SSMS, SQL, Phython, R and Powershell
- Experience with SQL DBA
- Participate and facilitate in all phases of project management…requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and deployment
- Experience in data architecture concepts, data modeling and data normalization
- Experience in data management and data quality concepts and services
- Experience with various file formats (XML, CSV, etc) and ETL concepts, tools and processes
- Experience with scheduling job thru SSMS SQL Server Agent
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite…Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Google…Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI and AWS
- Experience in financial services or solar industries a plus
- Experience as a thought leader for data and technology for an organization
- Overall management of the SQL Server Environment, including SQL Server configuration and tuning
- Developing overall data architecture and all models…Conceptual, Logical and Physical
- Developing data models, integration plans and data mapping
- Developing, implementing and maintain data management plans to provide quality and integrity
- Developing automation code and tools for ETL and integrity monitoring
- Supporting daily maintenance of processes and interfaces
- Developing standard business reports using commercial reporting tools, like PowerBI
- Supporting query development for custom reporting requirements
- Providing input and guidance on overall business data storage and archiving solutions
- Supporting structured wind down of legacy data platforms
- Coordinating with 3rd party managed IT service provider on local network and infrastructure support
Due to the high volume of applications we typically receive, we regret that we are not able to personally respond to all applications. However, if you are invited to take the next step in the process, you will typically be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application.